scrive

subtlepersona

Saturday, March 05, 2005

"continued"

I played the idiots game today, I ran and hid behind the trees in some enchanted forest filled with treacherous snakes and giggling nymphs. The sun had risen high above and tickled my neck warmly. It was then that moment that I saw a magnificent beast, a stallion not grazing, but teasing an apple from a tree. So I stood half hidden in the veil of greenery and whispered in awe those words that Dante had writ. Ecce deus fortior me, qui veniens dominabitur mihi.

At that moment I felt the fires of desire swelling up inside me and I longed for the attention of that creature. The fiery tongues of inquiring flames began to tease my senses, tempting me to act, to master its will. Its seems as if the entire world was urging me to try and see if that glorious beast would accept my presence. The forest stood deafingly silent, I could no longer hear the birds above nor the animals on the earth but rather sent alone, a sound of monotonous refrain. Past a second I began to hear the gentle whispering of the nymphs, their language unfamiliar but much like a distant stream that bubbles and collides only to realize again itself, left hidden from my view. In all obscurity, none more than this, an inner impulse led me to believe that they were conversing about me. Then in swift motions from a disciplined mind, I found myself returned to the forest, the birds swooped down in ecstasy, the snapping twigs from a tigress on a prowl and the flagrant fear of its prey wakened my senses. But left undiminished was that refrain which echoed invertly, magnified within each moment. As if the sun had understood my confusion, in empathy it blinded me with light for which I turned to find its muse. And once again I found my presence drawn to the stallion which now reciprocated my gaze in enticing defiance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home